Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Monday

It is a cold one out there today and a little foggy in parts. I hope the music helps you to shake out away the cobwebs.


16 Shells From a Thirty-Ought Six - Tom Waits

I do not usually start off the day with Tom Waits but this is a good one. A real peppy beat and a nice tune to bee bop too. Snap those fingers baby.

How is the "War on Christmas" going for everybody? I am not sure which side people are fighting on. I find that if I ignore both Fox News and people commenting on Fox News I just feel happier about things this time of year.


Silver and Gold - Trampled by Turtles

This is a great song but I have mentioned before how much I like Trampled by Turtles. Do yourself a favor and give them a listen and if you get a chance go see them in concert. So good.

It isn't that I hate Fox News though I suppose I could be accused of that. I like to be informed but it feels like the way they inform is to loudly yell about the eventual collapse of America. I just don't see that happening regardless of who is the President and you can only yell so often about something that is going to happen and when that thing doesn't happen. Well the yelling just becomes noise.


First of May - Bee Gees

This is a great early Bee Gees song and I think really much better then the disco stuff that they seemed to really become known for in later years. It is a good song.


Settle Down - Kimbra

Kimbra is Australian and broke big in America singing backup on Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know". I think her solo stuff is even better. She has a very strong voice and she really performs well live. Just a great, great singer.

The job hunt continues for me as I diligently put in applications for job that I seem to never get any response from. But I suppose a miracle could happen. I wonder if I could start a Kickstarter to just fund my blogging and other writings?


Banks of the Ohio - David Grisman

Just some very nice Bluegrass guitar and this is a lovely song.


For Michael Collins, Jeffrey and Me- Jethro Tull

I can say that I have never heard this particular Tull song on the radio. But I like it.. I will acknowledge that Tull has its problems but I think that there is some good music and some depth to it underneath all of the things that people complain about. I like their style of prog rock.

That is it for this Monday folks. I hope the day goes well. I am out of here!


No comments: