Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday Tunes

I was awakened bright and early this morning by I know not what. But, I was at least able to put that time to good use and get a couple of jobs applied for and so I feel pretty good about getting the day off to a productive start.


Mosquito Song - Queens of he Stone Age

I am a big fan of this band but if this was the first song of theirs that you had ever heard you would be in for a real shock once you heard the rest of their discography. I love this song though. So beautiful. Who knew that they had it in them.


Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Judy Collins

Well, well, well it looks and sounds like the music player wants to start things off on a somber note this morning. This is another great song. But it is really a downer I think. I do not have a problem with that, I like this type of music and I hope you do as well. I think that Judy Collins has a very nice voice.


Somebody To Love - Queen

I can't say much about this song, other then that Queen is awesome and you really should put some headphones on and turn it up to 11. They deserve it. This whole album 'A Day At The Races' is amazing and Freddies voice is awesome on it.


Chasing Pavements - Adele

This is another nice song. I don't think that it compares well to Queen and if I was building a playlist I would not include them near each other. But I would for sure put her on a playlist with Judy Collins depending on what theme I was going for.

Do you guys remember making mix tapes for people? I suppose I am dating myself by even mentioning the idea of a cassette tape. But honestly one of the things that I used to love to do was to make a good tape. It was usually for some girl that I felt emotionally invested in. The last tape that I made was for my ex-wife and I am not sure that she ever even listened to it. But to be fair she had a pretty bad tape player in her car. So no hard feelings. Now I pretty much make playlists on blank CD's so I can listen to them as I cruise in my van. I love the idea of having my own soundtrack as I cruise around.


Dressed In Black - Depeche Mode

This is such a great song and really should have had more radio play. I love Depeche Mode. One of my favorite bands and one of the best bands that I have ever seen live.


Old Man Took - America

Another great song by an underrated band. At least as far as I am concerned. This one has some seriously nice piano. Just very nice to listen to. Good stuff.

That is all for this Tuesday folks. Keep on dancing,





No comments: