Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, August 15, 2011

More Music (Black Eyed Peas)

Well, well, well this is an album that I am not sure why I even still own it. The album is Elephunk by Black Eyed Peas. This is their 4th album and I think the one that kind of put them on the map so to speak. It is very radio friendly and even as I listen to it again with some trepidation it is listenable but this is not my favorite kind of music at all.

If I want to listen to this style I would much rather listen to Gwen Stefani's solo album. I think that is a much better example of this kind of music. But here you go with some videos.

This one kind of stands out because of the title and on radio the song got changed to "Lets get started" But this version is "Lets Get Retarded".



This one is called "Hey Mama" and is a fine example of basically reggae hip hop and I am sure that I am not calling it the right name at all. But Rhianna has a song that sounds like this and Flight of the Conchords has a song that sounds like this and I actually really enjoy.



Here we are Flight of the Conchords and "Boom". Now this song I much prefer.



So anyway. There you go folks. Have a nice Monday.

2 comments:

Christopher R Taylor said...

Black Eyed Peas are a good example of everything that's wrong with modern music.

JoelAT said...

I agree with my brother. Lance there is one problem with the rating system, when you post a bunch of crap by a rancid vomit inducing hacks, and then a track by a very talented and funny duo, I can only select Bad, as the BEP drek has destroyed the entire web and no amount of Conchords can resurrect it.