Where Do My Readers Come From?

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

More Music (Tuesday)

So after yesterday and our trip down thrash metal lane today the selection is something completely different. This is a band called Austra and their sound is just sonically glorious. It is at times goth like but also poppie and a little bit rock and roll as well. I have a hard time putting it into a category. One thing I heard that I liked was goth-tinged electronica.

They are a three person group from Toronto and their lead vocalist is a women named Katie Stelmanis and as you can see by the picture below she is lovely.


Their debut album is called "Feel it Break" and I am unable to recommend it highly enough.

"Lose It" is the first single and I know I have posted this video before but I just love the weirdness of it visually as well as the amazing sound.



This is called "Beat And The Pulse". I just want to get out of the way and have you listen to it. Just let it impact you.



This is "The Choke" and the video has nothing to do with the song. My apologies. But again just lean back and close your eyes and give this a listen.



That is it for today folks. I hope you enjoy it when I can bring you some brand new music. I know that I love it when I discover a new group that I enjoy and I hope that I bring some of you that same feeling.

No comments: