Where Do My Readers Come From?

Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Music (Bonnie "Prince" Billy/Matt Sweeney)

The album is called Superwolf and was created by Bonnie "Prince" Billy (Will Oldham) and Matt Sweeney. Now if you follow any of the newish music at all and have a drop of hipster blood in your body then you will recognize the name Will Oldham.

Also not to get to tied up into the whole who came first argument. I would say without Will Oldham there may not have been Bon Iver or Iron & Wine or Mumford and Sons and a myriad of other bands that all basically use the same acoustic guitar and plaintive and painful harmonic vocals. A style of music which I love dearly and I find it totally accessible and listenable. If you do not like it then you know what you can do.

There are 11 songs on this album and it comes in at a tidy 43 minutes. It is well worth your time to listen to. If you can't track it down. Well come on. It isn't hard. Do it. Just get yourself a copy. Trust me.

"Bed Is for Sleeping"



"Beast For Thee"



"Rudy Foolish"



And finally "I Gave You". This is a sad, sad, beautiful song and one that I love dearly.

No comments: