Where Do My Readers Come From?

Friday, August 26, 2011

More Music (Boston)

Well, well, well we have finally hit some classic 70's rock and roll. I own one album from Boston and it is their first album the self titled Boston. A little bit of trivia for you. This album is called by some the best selling debut album of all time. Some others say it is second best to Guns N' Roses, Appetite for Destruction and still others say that Alanis Morrisette Jagged Little Pill is tied with Boston with 16 million copies sold. It is interesting to note that though the album never reached number 1 on the Billboard charts it peaked at 3 and was on the charts for an amazing 132 weeks. That is almost three years!! Pretty crazy.

I am not sure who to believe and I know that they still count album sales so who knows what numbers are correct. The one thing that is correct is that like them or not the band sold an amazing number of copies for a debut album. I also am unashamed to say that I actually really enjoy listening to it. But I also admittedly have a soft spot for this kind of music from this era.

I really could give you all eight songs off of this album. I am going to start with number 1 and we will see if I feel like just giving you the full Boston experience.

"More Than a Feeling"



I think I am just going to go with every other. So here is number 3.

"Foreplay/Long Time"



Here is the fifth song. Are you feeling the rock fill you!!

"Smokin"



And finally a double jump to the last song on the album.

"Let Me Take You Home Tonight"



There you go. I can't wait until I get to Styx. They also carried the torch of music for this era.

No comments: