Where Do My Readers Come From?

Monday, August 22, 2011

More Music (Blues Traveler)

Well this is kind of fun. Blues Traveler was a band that really caught my interest and I used to listen to their album FOUR all of the time. But I haven't listened to it for quite a while so I am really enjoying revisiting it.

The band formed in 1987 and is a real mix of different styles and sounds and they are led by singer and harmonicist (I made that word up) John Popper. They have put out 9 studio albums since 1990 with their fourth album FOUR being easily the one with the most mainstream success. It was made platinum 6 times which is a nice feat for any band. I am sure there are some really amazing songs deep in their catalog but I am limited to what I own. So here are a few songs from the one album I own. If you enjoy it then please check them out.

I really think that "Run-Around" is a great song. The video is kind of lame actually but the song pretty awesome. I do have to admit that I kind of enjoy the band behind the curtain aspect of the video. They were not a video friendly band. Not pretty enough.



Crash Burn is a fun song and this is a taste of the the band live. I love John Popper on the harmonica.




"Brother John" kind of reminds me of the Allman Brothers and "Whipping Post". It is a great jam.



1 comment:

Christopher R Taylor said...

I like Blues Traveler OK, although they aren't really a blues band. My problem is the culture that built up around them, the Dead Head ex hippie trash and Phish fans that glommed on to them as a new jam band.