Where Do My Readers Come From?

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More Music (Cherry Poppin' Daddies)

This is a band that I really used to be into during the swing resurgence of the 90's.
The Cherry Poppin' Daddies have been around for nearly 20 years. Which is pretty amazing when you think about it. They have only put out 8 albums and the biggest of them was the multi platinum Zoot Suit Riot which was released in 1998. They are an Oregon grown band and come from Eugene which I think is pretty cool. A little bit of trivia for you as well. I worked at one time in a movie theater in Eugene called Cinema World and several of the guys who worked there had a funk/swing band. Well one of those guys a fella named Sean Flannery went on to play tenor saxophone with the daddies from 1996 to 2008.

Here is their biggest hit. "Zoot Suit Riot" which actually is a pretty fun song.



I am just not feeling it tonight. So I am not digging deeper into their discography because frankly while I used to really enjoy them. They as a band do not really do it for me any more. But please enjoy the big hit.

1 comment:

JoelAT said...

Good band Lance, saw these guys at one of the New Years Eve things up Portland way back in the day, fun fun show.